Prerequisites to become a Big Data Developer:
Big Data Developer is the one who loves programming. He/she needs to have a knowledge of core Java, SQL, and any scripting language along with good interpersonal skills. Big data developer is responsible for the actual coding or programming of Hadoop applications. This role is similar to that of a Software Developer.
Skills required to become a Big data developer:
● Knowledge related to Hadoop.
● Good knowledge in back‐end programming, specifically Java, JS, Node.js and OOAD
● Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
● Ability to write MapReduce jobs.
● Analytical and problem-solving skills
● High‐performance, reliable and maintainable code writing skills.
● Good aptitude in multi‐threading and concurrency concepts.
● Proven understanding with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, and HBase.
Roles and Responsibilities of Big Data Developer:
Big Data Developer roles and responsibilities are almost the same as a software developer who is responsible to program Hadoop applications in the Big Data domain.
● Designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting Hadoop
● Maintain security and data privacy
● High‐speed querying.
● Proposing design changes and suggestions to processes and products
● Managing and deploying HBase.
● Perform analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights.
● Hadoop development and implementation.
● Working on disparate data sets.
● Create scalable and high‐performance web services for data tracking.