PRINCE2 Themes, Processes, Principles
PRINCE2 is a process based approach for project management with 7 themes, Processes and principles.
- Business Case: The objective of business case is to decide whether the project is desirable, viable and achievable.
- Organization: Define and establish the projectâ€™s structure of accountability and responsibilities.
- Quality: Are the quality of products fit for the purpose?
- Risk: Identify, assess and control uncertainty
- Planning: How, Where, Why, Who, When, How Much?
- Change: Identify, assess and control potential and approved changed to the base-lined objectives.
- Progress: Monitor and evaluate actual achievements with the Achievements.
1. Starting a Project
2. Initiating a Project
3. Directing a Project
5. Managing Product Delivery
6. Managing Stage Boundaries
7. Closing a Project
A PRINCE2 project must have continued business justification.
Focus on Products
Delivery of defined products and quality.
Manage By stages
Planned, Monitored and controlled in stages.
Manage By Exception
Defined tolerances for each objective and the limits of authority.
Tailor to suit the environment
Tailored to suit the projectâ€™s size, environment, complexity, importance, capability and risks.
Learn from experience
Lessons are sought, recorded and acted upon throughout the life of the project.
Roles and Responsibilities
Defined roles and responsibilities which are agreed with those involved.
Author : Lisa Findlay