Six sigma consists of two methodologies: DMAIC and DMADV.
DMAIC. This method used to improve existing business processes.
The letters stand for:
● Define ‐ it defines the problem and the project goals
● Measure ‐ It measure the various aspects of Current process
● Analyze ‐ It analyse the data to find the root defects in a process
● Improve ‐ It helps to improve the process
● Control‐ It controls how the process to be done in future
DMADV ‐ This method is typically used to create new processes and new products or services.
● Define ‐ To define the project goals
● Measure ‐ To measure the process critical components and the product capabilities
● Analyse ‐ Analyze the data and develop various designs for the process, eventually picking the best one
● Design ‐ To design and test the process details
● Verify ‐ Verifying the design by running simulations and a pilot program, and then handing over the process to the client