How to manage and deliver successful projects?
Forward thinking organizations have made effective project management
a crucial part of their corporate strategy
. The modern day marketplace is competitive. Every company aims for the meteor chunk in terms of market share, service revenues and wants to ensure customer delight. A disciplined approach towards project management allows a company to translate concepts into ideas and enterprising business initiatives.
Effective Project Management Guidelines:
Regardless of a new product being introduced or an application being developed, effective project management guidelines ensures successful projects. It is essential to address project management in a systematic way and develop an organized work flow. It becomes easier to track the project growth that way. It is imperative to:
- List down salient project details: Once your projects starts you will have to focus on various aspects of project execution. If you don’t have the accurate requirements at your fingertips you will face bottlenecks, which will in turn delay the project completion. Therefore, prior to starting projects ensure that you have all the critical details, like business objectives or key stakeholder requirements or expectations listed.
- Be cost-effective: Project management helps managers to develop a clear understanding of the resources available and scarce and plan accordingly. Prior to starting your project ensures that you have identified the areas of irrelevant costs. You can also be cost-effective by minimizing resource wastage.
- Involve expert staffs at the apt time: The initial stage of project management is a vital one. It is the foundation stone that decides how the project will evolve. Hence, it is always beneficial to add the people who have the desired skills needed to manage the project. A professional with prior experience accelerates project delivery since they have the required know-how.
- Minimize risks: Unwarranted risks are a part of every business. Whichever project stage your organization is presently in it is essential to identify the potential risks and curtail them without affecting the project flow. One way to do this is by having clear communication channels.
- Ensure increased productivity: What is the key to retain your existing clients and add more to your list? To ensure better quality of products. For enhancing productivity use six sigma tools that help to improve the project management procedures, identify and eliminate defects and deliver quality products.
- Examine the deliverables: A successful project is all about high-quality deliverables. You can guarantee it by reviewing and assessing every deliverables at the end of each project management stage. If there is any loophole you can identify it at the root and not later where rectifying the same might become a laborious and time consuming process, thereby hindering the project success.
Use Innovative Project Management Apps for Successful Project Delivery:
Successful project delivery or otherwise, the significance of a project manager cannot be overlooked. From resource management, budget tracking to effective project execution a project manager is the captain of the ship. He or she should be clued into every minute details of the project to arrive at smart and fact-based decisions.
It is essential to streamline the tasks of a project manager to deliver successful projects. Advanced projects management apps can help. Here are a few to choose from:
- Basecamp: Applicable on Android, iOS, and Windows Basecamp allows people involved in multiple tasks to share relevant documents, files within the team and engage in individual as well as group based discussions.
- Asana: Checking bulk emails whilst work can take up valuable time. Asana effectively removes the excess mails. There is an inbuilt sidebar that enables the users to switch between inboxes, projects and various features that the app provides.
- Trello: One of the easiest and robust project management tools, Trello enables the staff to arrange their projects using task cards and checklists. Users can also attach documents to the cards and share it in between the team members.
Other than increased revenues, successful project management enhances the brand image of an enterprise. The way a brand is perceived has a huge impact on its market share and customer retention. Following the above mentioned guidelines and investing in the new age project management apps your company can merge in technology with business intelligence, and deliver successful projects. This will also give your company a competitive edge over other market players.
Click Here for PMP Course