Six Sigma Black Belts Skills, Tools and Methodologies
Simply put, Six Sigma is a flexible and compact system for attaining, increasing and sustaining business success. Quality management is a core component here.
Whilst the Six Sigma program makes use of conventional processes, its applications are modern and are completely in sync with today’s new age technology. These processes offer a strategic roadmap to garner optimum quality. The quality management strategies in Six Sigma include:
1) Commitment from the management: Six Sigma deployments are commenced by the top management that always has a pivotal role to play. Six Sigma programs usually start by offering senior leadership with the tools and principles required to develop a Six Sigma management infrastructure. This is inclusive of minimizing the levels of enterprise hierarchy and eliminating bottlenecks that come in the way of ongoing changes and experimentations.
2) Strategic implementation: Six Sigma ensures that company resources concentrate on recognizing and enhancing key performance metrics that translates to bottom-line success.
3) A structured framework: Six Sigma projects are deployed using the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse and Control) roadmap. It helps to set up a protocol to promote internal communication.
4) An integrated infrastructure: This includes the team leaders that outlines as well as reviews project progress. Here “The Champion” functions as the project head and eliminates all hindrances from the project team. In addition to that, the “Six Sigma Master Black Belt” functions as a technical teacher and offer detailed know-how on the quality management tools. The “Black Belt” manages the project and “Green Belt” assists the Black Belts.
It is here that meaning and significance of Six Sigma belts become important. A “Belt” determines the experience of a Six Sigma professional.
Six Sigma Black Belts Skills, Tools and Methodologies:
Six Sigma Black Belt practitioners have expert know-how and skills associated with the DMAIC method, team leadership and lean methods. The Six Sigma Black Belt skills ensure that the practitioner is able to lead any team across the enterprise in implementing Lean Six Sigma projects. Furthermore, they are also able to conduct Lean Six Sigma training and function as mentors or coaches to the other Six Sigma Belts in the training pipeline.
Six Sigma Black Belt certification:
Interested in enrolling into a Six Sigma Black Belt certification program? Today there are leading names that offer this program online. The training course is based on the know-how developed by the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
The Six Sigma Black Belt certification program, conducted online will make a candidate or professional, expert in demonstrating Six Sigma principles, philosophies comprising the necessary tools and support systems. The Black Belts have the basic know-how of Lean enterprise concepts, are capable of recognizing non-value-added elements in projects and initiatives and can use specialized tools to enhance the project quality management.
Six Sigma Black Belt project training:
Leading names that excel in Six Sigma Black Belt project training courses online, offers various plans, like practice kit, premium and standard plans. The training course offers the following:
- Mock tests
- Tool kits
- Video lectures
- SSBB Certification Exam
- A complementary SS Green Belt Training Course online
- One year e-learning access
Similar to other training courses, the Six Sigma Black Belt project training course too lists down certain learning objectives. On course completion, the candidate will:
- Attain an in-depth understanding of the basic principles of Six Sigma
- Be able to conduct data analysis along with hypothesis testing
- Be able to successfully recognize and deploy the initiatives essential for process enhancement
This course is perfect for the candidates willing to walk into Six Sigma Black Belt jobs, such as Quality Systems Managers, Manager-Process Excellence, Lean Six Sigma Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager, Business Operations Consultant and many others.
However, upon completion of the Six Sigma Black Belt certification, the professionals ought to carry on with further learning. It is crucial to constantly hone up skills that has already been earned. It is also important that the Six Sigma Black Belts go through a specified count of CEU’s (continuing education units) within a certain span of time, to get the re-certification. The Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt or the Advanced Lean Six Sigma course will be an add-on to the Six Sigma Black Belts. It would add value to their skills and expertise in the field of Six Sigma projects.