PMPÂ® EXAM PREP TIPS ON THE 5 PROCESS GROUPS
The PMP exam is one of the competitive exams which you cannot clear by just going through the books of project management or by having 4 – 5 years of experience or 4500 to 7500 hours of involvement in a Project. It requires a lot of effort with sincere preparation, dedication, hard work, good knowledge of the learned concepts of project management, and how to implement those learned concepts in practical situations. There are 5 process groups in PMBoK 5, namely
- Monitoring and Controlling
One can prepare for the PMP exam by following the stages of this process group also. PMP EXAM PREP:
- Take an initiative and a strong decision that you have to clear the PMP exam and you will work hard and put all your efforts to clear the PMP.
- Start taking as many tests as you can because practice will only make you clear with your concepts and that will give you confidence before appearing for the final exams.
- Take the help of PMP exam guides otherwise called as PMP Exam Prep Book. They cover all the subjects that are present in the PMBok5 but in a much simpler manner that is easily understood.
- Many training programs are also available which provide good assistance. The programs are available online also in which you can go with your instructor whenever you want. Try to attend a boot camp; this will give you help you cover your syllabus sooner.
- Keep a target and try to attempt as many questions as you can. Make sure you make a target in attempting the number of questions; this will help in the final exams.
- Plan your time and take out time for your preparation. People give excuses by saying that they have a family, they have don’t have time, they are busy with their projects, etc.. but you have to commit yourself and take out at least 2 – 3 hours for your preparation.
- Start sacrificing your free time and utilize them for preparing for your exams. Reduce your chats with your surroundings, stop taking naps, browsing the net, etc.
- Give 10 – 15 minutes from your free office hours in solving 8 – 10 questions.
- People should bother about the scores than rather concentrate more on the mistakes they have done in their practice. Try to score more as the scoring is going to decide whether you will pass the PMP exam or not.
- Schedule your time and try to make a timetable and follow the same.
- Start practicing sample questions on the day you decide to start your preparations. Never delay or else you will keep on delaying and will never be able to start your preparations also.
- To utilize your free time in the office, take your study material with you and practice wherever you can. Take flashcards which will allow you to make the content that you want to prepare for the exams or else you can use electronic cards and use your phones also.
- Join the discussion forums available on the net and participate in the discussion. Give your ideas and take their points also. Ask them your queries and talk to the people who are already PMP certified. They will give you tips on how to prepare for your exams.
Monitoring and Controlling
- Only planning and executing are not sufficient for your preparations. You need to monitor your preparations also. It will give you your scorecard that at which level you are and how much more preparation you need.
- Maintain a record of your practice. Keep a track of the questions you are attempting and check the correct answers for the questions have mistaken.
- Make an excel sheet and date-wise maintain how many numbers of questions you are attempting. This will boost you to increase the number of questions you are attempting every day.
- Closing is the process in which all the deliverables of a project are given to a customer; is highly important. So to make this more effective take your plans into action.
- Make use of your study material every day so that it influences the investment that you made.
- Whatever tools or techniques you choose; you should do them on regular basis. A study in such a way that it will not create pressure on you and you can easily achieve your set goal PMP CERTIFICATION